facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Look what followed me home last weekend... '81 IT175H

Look what followed me home last weekend... '81 IT175H 09 Mar 2019 14:19 #71

• RT360Fan
  • RT360Fan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
Got a few things done this afternoon. Feels like i've turned the corner...

Also fitted the DCVMX rear fender. got to admit it was quite a bit of work. It was a bit tweaked when it got here, they shipped in a bubble mailer, surprised it wasn't in a box. Anyway, after lots of trail and error I got it on straight. Pretty happy with it overall, except for the taillight housing, that is not even close to stock or even like the product picture on their website, I'll have to figure something out on that.

EN is working his porting magic on the cylinder, should be ready in about a week. Spoke to Lucky at LCS Racing last night and my shock should be ready end of next week too. Getting closer...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Look what followed me home last weekend... '81 IT175H 23 Mar 2019 10:31 #72

• RT360Fan
  • RT360Fan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
Well I just had a big ole wrench thrown into the works...

LCS sent my rebuilt shock back this week, and the package was stolen from my front door. Amazing, I was home at the time, heard the doorbell, came out about 5 min later and nada. Long story short, I spoke in person with the UPS driver, UPS has started an investigation and the police were notified. But my rebuilt ($250) shock is vapor.

The timeline and budget for this build is blown. Way blown.

Used shock ordered from eBay, we'll see how this one goes...

:Ugh

I detest thieves

Last Edit: by RT360Fan.

Look what followed me home last weekend... '81 IT175H 23 Mar 2019 21:47 #73

• Mothersbaugh
  • Collector
  • Collector
Bummer.
We had a new one thrown at us last Christmas season. Got a Mastercard bill, and there were two charges from NYC (Bloomingdale's and another high end store) totaling over $4,000. Seems someone bought these with our credit card number (not sure how it was stolen) but invented a fraudulent email address. When we complained to our Mastercard firm, they immediately changed our credit card number, and notified the two stores. The two stores insisted the packages were delivered as requested. Out of curiosity, my wife asked our regular UPS man about the packages, and, upon consulting his scanner, he told us though they were originally addressed to us, they were delivered to two different addresses, one in northern California, and the other in southern Oregon. Seems you can call UPS and have a package delivery changed while it's in route, so long as you have the original email address and other info. They never came to our porch but were stolen none the less...

Moderators: DEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinVinnieJames Hart