facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Carburetor slide pin repair

Carburetor slide pin repair 13 Apr 2019 16:43 #1

• Pony Biy
  • Pony Biy's Avatar Topic Author
Is there any way to repair a broken slide pin in the carburetor? The little nib that goes in the notch of the slide to keep it from turning? On my '74 DT250 the pin has broken, it almost looks like it was a plastic material, not aluminum like I've seen before. I hate to junk a whole carburetor just for this issue and spend big bucks on another one!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carburetor slide pin repair 14 Apr 2019 15:57 #2

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Not sure what i'd do as it'll be a flat sort of a guide. But can you carefully tap a thread on the hole once removed & then machine up a round guide pin out of a screw of the tapped thread & away you go!!. pretty fine calculations to make so the pin sits deep enough but not too deep. Sounds easy -- Not.

Carburetor slide pin repair 14 Apr 2019 19:28 #3

• Mothersbaugh
  • Collector
  • Collector
Someone made a pin out of delrin or some other artificial material and had it working. That may have been on the other site, though, as I cannot find it anywhere here. DEET may have commented on it, if I remember right...

• Page:
Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart