facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DT250 Autolube tutorial

DT250 Autolube tutorial 11 Jun 2019 13:11 #21

• pabdt
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman

DEET wrote: The roller pin has nothing to do with the adjustment. It is installed in its proper location.

It provides a stop so the pulley can be forced down when the cable is pulled.

but doesn't the pin location over the boss basically give an initial alignment for minimum pump stroke length, provided the clearance is already there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

74 DT 125 #2
74 DT 125 #1 Sold 1977
05 CRF 450R
18 CBR650F
18 R1
02 Z06 N/A 648RWHP

DT250 Autolube tutorial 11 Jun 2019 15:43 #22

• run103
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
This is for Deet In your treasure trove of enduro knowledge is there a place in a manual or your records that will tell you the free length of cable extending from the end of the oil pump throttle cable when the twist grip is in the home position. Im sure somewhere there is a set of measurements for this since we cannot get original cables anymore for all the different oil pump cable actuator positions. I need the 78 dt400 I am working on it now making my own cable inards. I remember these things now and what a dog they were to fix when you were out riding and you bent or broke anything to do with the throttle split cable system
Doug

DT250 Autolube tutorial 11 Jun 2019 15:59 #23

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Might sound stupid--but--when i make cables i loosely solder the nipple on then fit cable then pull the outer to take up the clearance then measure the gap--with adjusters backed right off--& you know exactly how far to move the nipple along for final soldering & perfect inner length. My way anyway!!. Gotta remember that the cable sits down into the adjuster in your calculations too.

Last Edit: by RT325.

DT250 Autolube tutorial 11 Jun 2019 16:12 #24

• run103
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
RT Im just like you I make my own the same way I was just wondering if there is a old manual out there with the factory lenghts. I was a dealer at one time and I seem to remember somethig in the training manuals but cant track it down
THX Doug

DT250 Autolube tutorial 13 Jun 2019 11:55 #25

• run103
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
I actually just watched the video and I agree with it fully. Those pumps are indestructible and can take an amazing amount of abuse. No matter how corroded and rusted they look on the outside they still wok perfectly. I have taken 3 of them apart that looked real bad and the inside was in perfect shape I have done 21 bikes now and the autolube is working on all of them
Doug
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Devin, pabdt

Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart