facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
13 Jul 2018
I have re-enabled Tapatalk and will try to keep it functional assuming they keep the plug in updated. You can get the mobile app at: www.tapatalk.com/tapatalk_mobile
  • Page:

TOPIC: MX DT Hybrid

MX DT Hybrid 09 Jul 2018 08:40 #1

• I track
  • I track's Avatar Topic Author
I found a good deal on a couple of 1974 MX250's and my buddy and I are wanting to try and build some hybrids out of them. We are looking to build a bike that we can race vintage MX, vintage Harescramble, and make street legal. What combination of DT and MX parts would you guys use?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MX DT Hybrid 10 Jul 2018 13:31 #2

• DaveHunter
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
I’m in a someone similar situation as you in that a ‘74 DT 360 ( that was basically a parts bike ) came my way and as there was so little left it was made into a off road bike only. To leave the option open of being able to take on the road it’s got the powerdyamo ignition with 12 volt DC capacity. I’d seen a Ducati race bike with LED light bar strip Velcro’ed on the back for brake/signal/turn and a pair of tiny LED headlights attached to the headstock for Hi/Lo beams license plate sideways under rear fender and /well you get the idea. Everything could be quickly detached if raced plus it looked pretty good on the road.
Down the road the plan on this 360 is to hide some tiny LED ‘s & do all the work necessary to make it look MX only but be “legal” for highway use.

MX DT Hybrid 10 Jul 2018 19:52 #3

• MarkT
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
I would keep the bike MX except the ignition... Powerdynamo or Yamaha Enduro (DT or IT) with lighting coil.

Probably cheaper and easier to install aftermarket lights.... have to check where you live on what is required to be street legal... horn can sometimes be squeeze bulb... cheap bicycle speedo can work good.

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
  • Page:
Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart