facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

New Accounts require admin approval

Due to a recent unauthorized access to the site, New accounts will need admin activation. We are sorry for this inconvenience. Register for an account, and an admin will review and approve your account in short order. our user security is our prime concern so this extra hurdle is necessary for a short while. Thanks for your patience. Mako

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Picked up a 74 DT360 recently, have some questions about fixing

Picked up a 74 DT360 recently, have some questions about fixing 18 Nov 2017 11:26 #1

• Zozr
  • Zozr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
I was very glad to find this active forum existed, I picked up a 74 DT360 as a winter project and have some questions about fixing it up.

I have the rear brake steel "cable" and the splined lever that attaches to the drum, but I am in need of the piece that connects these two things together. Similar to shown here:https://imgur.com/a/EUOPC. I have attached an image to show what I am looking for, the piece that the speech bubble is pointing to.

I also can not get the float bowl off the carb. Not sure why it is so stuck but working on that. The engine is not currently running but not anticipating it will be too much work to get going. The pump was deleted by an owner in the past, but I have a spare engine that has the pump. (no current plan to run it on the pump again, I will just be doing a premix for now). Any suggestions on what ratio?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Zozr.

Picked up a 74 DT360 recently, have some questions about fixing 18 Nov 2017 12:55 #2

• mdscott
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
welcome to the forum,
the piece missing, here is the part number, dealer should be able to get it for you, or eBay, 90240-06006-00
And the carb, with all screws out and if you have the original carb, there is an o-ring thats probably holding it up, Lightly pry with a small screw driver, should come apart.
#4 o-ring part is probably the culprit.

www.rosevillemotorsportsparts.com/oempar...9bc7849cc/carburetor

Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'76 Bultaco 143 Frontera
07 DL650
74 DT360
75 Norton
73 CB500K
63 C200
87 PW50
64 McClane Edger

Picked up a 74 DT360 recently, have some questions about fixing 18 Nov 2017 16:53 #3

• Zozr
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro

mdscott wrote: welcome to the forum,
the piece missing, here is the part number, dealer should be able to get it for you, or eBay, 90240-06006-00
And the carb, with all screws out and if you have the original carb, there is an o-ring thats probably holding it up, Lightly pry with a small screw driver, should come apart.

Thanks! I looked up the part number and the hole the bar goes through seems so small, but the cable seems way bigger than that? Am I missing something with how it works?

As for the float bowl, are there not only 4 screws holding the float bowl on? I do believe it is original. I got it a little loose but it still feels like something is holding on.

I took a look at the tech section of this site, looking for a service manual for a 74 DT360 and didn't see one, although for some reason I can't view page 3, it takes me to a weird page.

Picked up a 74 DT360 recently, have some questions about fixing 18 Nov 2017 17:15 #4

• mdscott
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
Opps, this should be it, 90249-12008-00,
You can try lightly tapping on carb with a rubber hammer where the drain pug is. That worked for me, my DT360 carb was slightly stuck also.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Zozr

Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'76 Bultaco 143 Frontera
07 DL650
74 DT360
75 Norton
73 CB500K
63 C200
87 PW50
64 McClane Edger

Picked up a 74 DT360 recently, have some questions about fixing 18 Nov 2017 18:26 #5

• Makotosun
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
  • Admin is in the House!

Zozr wrote:

mdscott wrote: welcome to the forum,

Thanks! I looked up the part number and the hole the bar goes through seems so small, but the cable seems way bigger than that? Am I missing something with how it works?

As for the float bowl, are there not only 4 screws holding the float bowl on? I do believe it is original. I got it a little loose but it still feels like something is holding on.

I took a look at the tech section of this site, looking for a service manual for a 74 DT360 and didn't see one, although for some reason I can't view page 3, it takes me to a weird page.

Here is a link to the service manual. The sort order is off - I will get that fixed.

yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/workshop/se...ctory-service-manual
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Zozr

No Good Story ever started with a Salad . . .

Picked up a 74 DT360 recently, have some questions about fixing 18 Nov 2017 18:34 #6

• Zozr
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
Excellent. Much appreciated. I like having a manual on my computer to quickly look things up.

And that part looks much better :) I will look into ordering that asap. I do want to get it running before I start investing in lots of misc parts.

Picked up a 74 DT360 recently, have some questions about fixing 18 Nov 2017 20:11 #7

• mdscott
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
Post some pictures

Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'76 Bultaco 143 Frontera
07 DL650
74 DT360
75 Norton
73 CB500K
63 C200
87 PW50
64 McClane Edger

Picked up a 74 DT360 recently, have some questions about fixing 18 Nov 2017 20:14 #8

• Zozr
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
I will take some tomorrow and post them! It is a little dirty though :cheer:

Picked up a 74 DT360 recently, have some questions about fixing 19 Nov 2017 05:14 #9

• yamahahaha
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
Try putting that float bowl in some boiling water for just a minute .....It has worked in the past for other carb parts (stuck slides)

Picked up a 74 DT360 recently, have some questions about fixing 19 Nov 2017 06:16 #10

• asco
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
The chances are better than 50% that at one time the float bowl leaked.

With that being said there probably is a light coat of Permetex sealer that is holding it together. I lightly tapped on the bolt ( rubber mallet ) at the bottom and it came loose. Again, very hot water or an acetone bath. Most of the time they don't give you that much trouble. Plan on the float pin being stubborn as well.

asco

YAMA-LAND RESTORATIONS
818-521-2109
MINIBIKESERVICE@AOL.COM CUSTOM MINIBIKE (RALPH) 2002 110cc XR PAX RACING 1971 125cc AT1-C (DOROTHEA) 1971 175cc CT1-C (BRANDY) 1970 250cc DT1-C (MONICA) 1973 100cc Hodaka Combat Rat (ABBY NORMAL) 1969 125cc AT1-M MX (DELILAH)
Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart