facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
16 Jan 2019
Tonight we were hit with a spammer which was caught by Enduronut. The user has been banned, hopefully we will be able to nip this in the bud. Please if you notice spam being posted, shoot an email to me at makotosun1@gmail.com so I can act quickly. Sorry for the inconvenience. apparently our defenses are not perfect. MAKO

TOPIC: 78 balboa blue dt250 rebuild from NZ

78 balboa blue dt250 rebuild from NZ 02 Jan 2019 03:15 #41

• Delcowizzid
  • Delcowizzid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
This wasn't in the budget but I bought it a couple of months ago anyway lol just scanned in my as ported cylinder port map the only data not correct is the angles of the transfers I can't get the software to let me input the correct angles lol .looks like I can raise the transfers a bit more than the mx250 porting and a touch more widening of the exhaust and then I just need the expansion chamber to do the trickery to get my targets I want to get the rpm up another 500rpm from this at least but it's a good starting point .will work on bolting the barrel and head onto my flowbench and plug the base with a plug of policarb and do some checking of the scavenging pattern and flow balance of all the transfers
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

78 balboa blue dt250 rebuild from NZ 02 Jan 2019 04:52 #42

• Von
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
If you go the route of new carby and have some choices, try the style with the so called Power Jet at the rear. The big advantage is when the main is lean the low pressure will suck fuel from where every it can.
Attachments:

Last Edit: by Von. Reason: x

78 balboa blue dt250 rebuild from NZ 04 Jan 2019 03:37 #43

• Delcowizzid
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
I only just fitted the keihin pwk35 in place of the 28mm stock makuni .I would probably go something with high and low speed adjustment screws for some fun but 35mm should get me a fair way.
Had the barrel and head flowing some serious air today had to pull to motors out of my flowbench as it was easier than adapting the barrel into the 4 inch hole lol.found one main transfer is loud as and turbulent but not all the time you can poke your finger in the hole and it goes away for a few seconds then returns I can see a peice of alloy in the flow path that's causing it just need to try get a tool in to get rid of it.smoked the transfers and watched the swirl few little mods to do
Attachments:

78 balboa blue dt250 rebuild from NZ 06 Jan 2019 18:42 #44

• Delcowizzid
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
Found some blue in a can its brake caliper paint not quite dark enough I don't think but it looks smart after a quick spray to test the color .ran out of 400 grit paper so will get a couple of sheets give it a quick rub mask it all up and blast it on and top it off with some clear
Attachments:

78 balboa blue dt250 rebuild from NZ 13 Jan 2019 20:27 #45

• Delcowizzid
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
My Chinese footpeg upgrade arrived seen sturdy as all hell for so cheap.had to edit the springs a little to make them suit but huge difference in foot room for my size 10+ foot and feels so much nicer with them level instead of all worn and drooping so your foot wants to slide off on every bump lol. now I just need to cut the pivots off rotate the spline section down to level and weld the pivots back on as the factory height is too high for my lanky legs all up I think it's around 40mm lower than where they are now
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Von

Last Edit: by Delcowizzid.
Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart