facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

New Accounts require admin approval

Due to a recent unauthorized access to the site, New accounts will need admin activation. We are sorry for this inconvenience. Register for an account, and an admin will review and approve your account in short order. our user security is our prime concern so this extra hurdle is necessary for a short while. Thanks for your patience. Mako

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: my dt175H won't idle

my dt175H won't idle 10 Oct 2018 20:15 #1

• speedbuff
  • speedbuff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice
  • Novice
Thought I post this as a new topic .I recently purchased a dt175 endure as a basket case the guy I bought it from gave up on it said it had low compression needed a top end compression was 115 lb ?Since then I have installed 2 new crank seals (they were both completely torn .I have gone through the carb on this thing several times corrected the float level and a plugged choke jet in the float bowl .the bike runs nice but just will not idle I have the idle screw cranked right in the air screw seems to work about best at 3/4 turn out and I have moved the needle clip up closest to the top of the needle .the engine really started working nice after replacing the seals and made much more power I have put about 10 miles on the bike so far .I have verified the main at 150 the pilot at 22,5 both are clear .there is mention made of this carb vm24 having an idle air metered jet I don't think it is serviceable but I would like to know where it is so I can make sure its not plugged .Other than that I cant think of anything else I have overlooked ..Can some of you guru"s help me on the right track I would appreciate it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

my dt175H won't idle 10 Oct 2018 21:58 #2

• RacerClam
  • Collector
  • Collector
Providing that you dont have an air leak , it seems that the pilot jet is too small , I bet it idles better if the air screw is turned in even more if so up the pilot jet size . And note that the needle position will not effect idle

Rich
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Blackhat250

racerclam

my dt175H won't idle 12 Oct 2018 20:28 #3

• speedbuff
  • speedbuff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice
  • Novice
well finally making a bit more headway idle speed screw wound right in idle ,air screw wound right in I got it to idle for about 2 minutes, though very low speed .picked up some plumber bungs to plug the exhaust and carb intake boot hoping to feed pressure into the cylinder and check for air leaks .Had a horrible thought could my root cause be the o ring on the crankshaft? hope not I was just there when I installed new seals .Hoping that's not it .Is there more than 1 orfice for the pilot jet in the venturi on this model ? still hoping its the carb but its not looking that way. Does anyone know if the o ring can cause an air leak?

Last Edit: by speedbuff.
  • Page:
Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart