facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Electrical Gremlin with flashers - 1979 Dt250

Electrical Gremlin with flashers - 1979 Dt250 19 Apr 2017 05:38 #21

• Cmattina
  • Cmattina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman

Makotosun wrote: I've been using these from Superbright LED's. They are marketed as 12 volt be seem to work fine on 6 volt. They are D.C. And only work when hooked up correctly. $9 plus shipping.

www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/flasher...nic-flasher/193/841/

With the new bulbs on the left side, the old flasher seems to work. It seems to be drawing a lot of power though, as for every illumination the neutral light dims substantially... though, maybe that is normal?

I put a new battery in and i seem to only have about 6.6 volts and 3-4000 rpm. Since this is the canadian version, that means with the headlight on. I am looking at the 1977 manual and it doesnt give a correct voltage for 3000rpm, only 8000 rpm. Which i didn't check. Is 6.6 too low?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Electrical Gremlin with flashers - 1979 Dt250 12 Oct 2019 09:22 #22

• OldOunceAU
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
Can somebody on here just recommend somebody in NorCal that work on this electrical? I totally rebuilt my bike but can’t ride it around because I can’t get the lights to work after hours of testing and bulbs blowing. Electrical is my worst aptitude. I have voltage at the battery but as soon as I plug the into the red/positive on the battery I lose any voltage going forward. And no voltage either side of the fuse.
Signed
Fused-confused

Electrical Gremlin with flashers - 1979 Dt250 12 Oct 2019 10:26 #23

• FrankC
  • Solution Contributor
  • Solution Contributor
I don't have the answer for whose near you but I'm sure a quick search would find someone who does electrical even closer than say someone else you knows of someone in California it's a big place.sounds like a battery isn't holding any amps try charger on it to see if your electrical systems do come back.

Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart