facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

DT125 Mikuni Carb ?s

09 Jul 2020 22:44
Bbd83
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
DT125 Mikuni Carb ?s #1
So I'm helping my buddy with his 81' DT125 and I have some carb ?s. First off I thought it was a VM22 but after some research we're confused. How can I nail down what exact carb it is, measure the throat? The bike runs good but experiences some bogging at high rpm. It had a pod filter and he switched to a dual stage UNI with no positive effect, maybe even negative. I told him he should upjet the main due to the lack of airbox but he wanted to rule out any carb issues. Carb is clean so then comes float height confusion. 22mm from gasket surface? They were at 19mm, 3 mm is a lot of bending. The carb has plastic floats. Would those not be the originals, did they come with brass or maybe they're wrong altogether. As far as making the tang parralel to the body, do so as it rests on the needle valve or with it depressed and closed? The jets markings were not readable so if he opts to upjet we'll have to do some further research. Thanks all.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jul 2020 23:41
sprockmember
More
DT125 Mikuni Carb ?s #2
Subscribed... I’m having the same problems with the same carb...

10 Jul 2020 00:20
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
DT125 Mikuni Carb ?s #3
The carb will have a combination of numbers/letters stamped on it on one it's flat surfaces. Don't argue, it will!:ROFLOL However, they do get covered in crud so you might have to rub this away.

Post back with the code that is stamped on it and we can tell you what it's off.
The following user(s) Liked this Post Bbd83

10 Jul 2020 08:01
Super90
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
DT125 Mikuni Carb ?s #4
Here are 2 sample photos of the numbers on my 32 Mikuni. The carb was originally painted black so a painted carb is more of a challenge to see the numbers. The first photo shows the size and the second shows the Mikuni part number. Hope this helps!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post sprockmember

10 Jul 2020 08:05
Bbd83
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
DT125 Mikuni Carb ?s #5

sprockmember wrote: Subscribed... I’m having the same problems with the same carb...

Welcome sprock! Take it from here...and nice profile pic.

10 Jul 2020 16:45
Swoop56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
DT125 Mikuni Carb ?s #6
311 is a DT2/3 prefix , so the carb should be a 26mm throat size .
If it's been fitted to a 125 , it's anyones guess what the appropriate jetting should be .

10 Jul 2020 17:57
Bbd83
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
DT125 Mikuni Carb ?s #7

Swoop56 wrote: 311 is a DT2/3 prefix , so the carb should be a 26mm throat size .
If it's been fitted to a 125 , it's anyones guess what the appropriate jetting should be .

For future reference, on measuring throat size as an identifier... inside throat diameter or outside and engine side or air filter side? Would proper verbage be inlet/outlet?
The following user(s) Liked this Post sprockmember

10 Jul 2020 19:53
Swoop56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
DT125 Mikuni Carb ?s #8
Engine side , inside diameter .
The following user(s) Liked this Post 2fishkev, Bbd83

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart