NOTICE: If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!
More tear down finished last night. I also got the frame de-tabbed since I'll be running the aftermarket seat and no original side covers.
I found an interesting rear spacer when the wheel came off and the brake cable holders on the the front and the rear wheels are both broken. The rear wheel is also dented (which I hadn't noticed before).
And for some reason, some one got a bit crazy with an angle grinder up front.
The previous owner went crazy with an angle grinder, so I figured one good turn deserves another. Flipped the wire feed welder into low voltage mode and started filling in the gouges. Definitely not perfect, but it's an improvement. I might go over it one more time before I hit it with the flappy-sanding thingy.
Engine tear down started and I broke the clutch basket, so time to hit eBay again. I got the usual number of stuck screws and will need to drill a couple of them out.
Started work on the stator for the DT2. Removed the coils for the lighting, charging, and ignition systems. We're going to a full 12V DC system, so all three coils will be rewound in series to create a single phase alternator.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, KennyV
It would be cool if you were to make either a kit or plans for how to do the 12 volt rewind. We have a LOT of folks who have an interest in such an upgrade, but the technical expertise you have would be really helpful.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ethan, clives