facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Clutch Adjuster Nylon Screw Split...RT2

19 Dec 2019 18:11
KennyV
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Clutch Adjuster Nylon Screw Split...RT2 #41

Mauser wrote: I agree nylon is pants for this application, but I guess it's used for reducing friction and easy to manufacture and press onto the steel boss. UHMP is very good for making bearings out of, but without a lathe with the triple lead with a 10mm pitch facility I guess it's back to the drawing board :).
As mentioned I could have got these made when I worked for GKN without any problem but sadly they shut the factory in 2006.

Same here, just before I retired the company bought a really nice Hass cnc lathe and I got to spend some time playing with it. It's an awesome machine! I think how easy it would be to make these little pieces with that lathe. Unfortunately the company closed that facility soon after I retired.

71 Z50 Minitrail
72 RT2
74 250A
78 XT500E
06 F650GS Dakar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2019 01:01 20 Dec 2019 01:03 by Mauser.
Mauser
Open Class
Open Class
More
Topic Author
Clutch Adjuster Nylon Screw Split...RT2 #42
Call me cynical but looking at the ebay pictures you can actually see the split, very poor seller if they try and sell a part knowingly its defective. I appreciate they say they are not experts but come on, a 3 year old could tell you the part is duff. Hopefully a full refund will be issued.

RT2 ~ XR650R ~ DT175MX ~ ZX12R ~ XJR1300 ~ DT125LC ~ XR250R ~ XL125R ~ RD350LC ~ MT50 ~ GPZ1100

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post darinm

15 Jan 2020 13:12 15 Jan 2020 13:13 by Enduronut.
Enduronut
Founder Moderator
Founder Moderator
More
Clutch Adjuster Nylon Screw Split...RT2 #43

I have a good one of these NOS 256-16340-00 pushers that seem to work well on the DT1/2/3 and RT1/2/3 models, if anyone is interested.

Not as expensive as the one shown in post #6 of this thread, but would still like to get 79.95 for it . . . + Free shipping.
PM me if interested . . . it's going on eBay soon if not needed here.

:)

Control your thoughts . . . or your thoughts will control you!.
You can't accomplish . . . what you haven't dreamed!
Don't aim . . . and you'll hit your target every time!
A wise man knows . . . he isn't!
Failure squared . . . equals success!
Attachments:

Moderators: yamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart