facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

New Accounts require admin approval

Due to a recent unauthorized access to the site, New accounts will need admin activation. We are sorry for this inconvenience. Register for an account, and an admin will review and approve your account in short order. our user security is our prime concern so this extra hurdle is necessary for a short while. Thanks for your patience. Mako

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What dingus cut these wires!?

What dingus cut these wires!? 08 Oct 2018 20:56 #1

• callmebob
  • callmebob's Avatar Topic Author
My new (to me) ‘73 CT3 came with a dead electrical system and an odd sleeve of 6 snipped wires sticking out back of the headlight. Ive done what I can to figure out what they are for but I can’t make compete sense of it. I’d like figure out how to reconnect the wiring to stock and cap any live wires.

The only other unbonded wires up front are the (male) wire for the tach guage light -blue- and two turn signal wires (male)- dark brown and green. The neutral light is gone from the tach.

Here’s what I could trace:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by callmebob.

What dingus cut these wires!? 09 Oct 2018 15:18 #2

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Dark green & dark brown are blinkers left & right. Light brown should be live dc volts after the main switch. Light blue neutral. Darker blue i think is ac power to the instrument bulbs plus tail light on models with ac tail light.. Orange has me stuffed at the mo. That's all from long term memory 40 years ago. Can't remember what happened yesterday lol. Someone will chime in & correct me now i've started it. Is those cut off wires what goes up to the blinker--dip--horn switch?--orange could be horn wire to the button but don't think that makes sense. CT1 will be the same. Follow this link & scroll down to the bottom. Bit slow to load on my computer but page 98 of 99. Maybe Orange isn't orange & just the angle of the photo. Assuming yours is 6 volt of course which it should be unless its an AT1 electric start with a 175 top end fitted. This diagram shows blue to the tail light as we have here in NZ but thought US models had battery powered tail light or maybe only in one key position for when parked on the road. I dunno--carry on. Cheers.

www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/worksho...-manual/viewdocument

Last Edit: by RT325.

What dingus cut these wires!? 10 Oct 2018 12:29 #3

• Blackhat250
  • Collector
  • Collector
That brown [ 6 volt even when Off] must be connected to a red somewhere [ RED FROM BATTERY, ]. . .as he says , its a switched 6 volt,,[ ignition ON].

If you aint mixin gas " you aint haulin Ass

What dingus cut these wires!? 10 Oct 2018 14:20 #4

• Gr8uncleal
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
Can't say that I'm familiar with that model, but with the wires for the indicators (dark brown and dark green) and lights (blue) there, my guess would be that they originated in the left hand switchgear - is that all present and correct (I can see the pink for the horn elsewhere in the headlamp bowl)?

Perhaps bin that lot and get some replacement left hand switches?

• Page:
Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart