facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Rear Tire fit?

03 Aug 2020 15:31
RT3Sam
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
Rear Tire fit? #1
So a buddy of mine gave me a set of knobby's for my RT3 But the rear tire is a 110/100-18, which is about a 4.50 - 18. Will that fit my RT3?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Aug 2020 15:48
Pedalcrazy
Open Class
Open Class
More
Rear Tire fit? #2
If you still have the stock 4.00 X 18 on the bike then just look around and see if another 1/4 inch on each side will cause an issue. Seems like people have said it will fit. I know it is pretty tight clearance up at the front and maybe have to loose the chain guard? Just look at your existing clearance. A 4.5 will take another 1\4 inch on each side....plus mud if you are so inclined....

1978 DT400E
1976 DT400C
1973 RT3
1971 RT1B
The following user(s) Liked this Post darinm, RT3Sam

04 Aug 2020 07:02
RT3Sam
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
Rear Tire fit? #3

Pedalcrazy wrote: If you still have the stock 4.00 X 18 on the bike then just look around and see if another 1/4 inch on each side will cause an issue. Seems like people have said it will fit. I know it is pretty tight clearance up at the front and maybe have to loose the chain guard? Just look at your existing clearance. A 4.5 will take another 1\4 inch on each side....plus mud if you are so inclined....

So I installed a Shinko 244, and I'm thinking the Kenda knobby I have to install might have knobs that stick out a little further. So I'm not sure i will be comparing apples to apples.

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart