facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Dt3 manifold insulator

13 Feb 2020 14:50
mike8162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Dt3 manifold insulator #11
The o ring on the carb should be larger than the hole in the insulator. It seals on the flat surface of the insulator not on the inside of the hole. If the o ring protrudes from the slot on the sealing surface of the carb I think it is fine to reuse as long as it is soft and pliable. I am pretty sure they are out of production but you could find an o ring of the same size making sure it is compatible with gasoline.
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Feb 2020 16:44
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
Dt3 manifold insulator #12
Just thinking--be careful not to use an Oring fatter than original or it'll warp the ears when tightening down, plus 'could' end up with throttle sticking. I've been there, done that , & got the Tshirt lol. Nothing much i haven't stuffed over the years in search of a cheap fix.
The following user(s) Liked this Post MarkT

14 Feb 2020 02:10
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Dt3 manifold insulator #13

mike8162 wrote: The o ring on the carb should be larger than the hole in the insulator. It seals on the flat surface of the insulator not on the inside of the hole. If the o ring protrudes from the slot on the sealing surface of the carb I think it is fine to reuse as long as it is soft and pliable. I am pretty sure they are out of production but you could find an o ring of the same size making sure it is compatible with gasoline.
Cheers

Pretty sure I read on another thread that DEET has the 'o' rings in stock.

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart