facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

72 CT2 front fender

07 Dec 2019 15:29
Mytwins1999
More
Topic Author
72 CT2 front fender #1
How many different models use the same front fender as my 72 CT2 does or does it have its own unique fender,Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2019 17:02
Badger52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
72 CT2 front fender #2
Partzilla.com has complete parts manuals and includes a fitment table listing other bikes using the same item.
I’ve seen this recommendation many times on the site and your question prompted me to try it out. From your description of the fender, here is what I found. Good luck with your search.
www.partzilla.com/product/yamaha/308-215...0c6b32ad647eb01668c8

288501A
Attachments:

07 Dec 2019 18:49
HouseofEnduro
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
72 CT2 front fender #3
Your CT2 would have originally been equipped with a steel fender that is the same as found on all 1971-1973 175 CT, 250 DT, and 360 RT models. The 1973 bikes had a tape stripe added down the middle, but otherwise same fender. 1970 and earlier models used an aluminum fender, and the 125 AT models use a very similar but slightly smaller version.

08 Dec 2019 00:14
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
72 CT2 front fender #4
Excellent info in both replies.

I would add a couple of things:-

1) The cmsnl website (in Holland) has similar info to Partzilla. I think that both sites can only cross reference to info on their own databases, so they might be incomplete.

2) I don't know where in the world you are, but I'm pretty certain that the 1974 (and maybe even later) European models still used the lower mounted front mudguard. Referring back to point (1) above, as Partzilla and CMSNL list primarily North American models, this info won't be shown by them.
The following user(s) Liked this Post MarkT

08 Dec 2019 19:00
Mytwins1999
More
Topic Author
72 CT2 front fender #5
Thanks for the great info guys! I'm from southern Indiana and I am just starting to look for missing parts for a project bike I just got. I appreciate everyone's help.

Moderators: yamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart