facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

yamaha rt360 flasher relay

14 Nov 2019 02:48
benb1981
More
Topic Author
yamaha rt360 flasher relay #1
I am currently refreshing a clean original rt360 and I am just refiting the battery box, just wondering where the flasher relay mounts under the seat?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Nov 2019 03:57
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
yamaha rt360 flasher relay #2
I know that I'm being a pedant here(!), but there was no such bike as the RT360!

Up to and including 1971 was the RT1, 1972 and 1973 was the RT2 and RT3 respectively (reed valves on these) and 1974 was the DT360A (different bike altogether, well almost).

If you have a RT2 or 3, then flasher relay mounts under the battery box - it sits in a metal bracket and picks up it's earth direct from the frame. There is also a 6 inch or so earth cord that sits on the same mount and plugs into the main loom (not the one by itself coming out of the generator loom though).

If you have a DT360A, then flasher relay mounts just in front of the coil and was 3 wire, with a black for earth .

Oh, and welcome from the UK!!
The following user(s) Liked this Post MarkT, Snglsmkr

14 Nov 2019 22:35
Flip
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
yamaha rt360 flasher relay #3

benb1981 wrote: I am currently refreshing a clean original rt360 and I am just refiting the battery box, just wondering where the flasher relay mounts under the seat?

Here’s a pic of the location on my RT3 360 if it helps. Flip

1973 RT-3 Baja Brown U.K
Attachments:

15 Nov 2019 12:42
benb1981
More
Topic Author
yamaha rt360 flasher relay #4
Thanks for the help, was wondering what was between the airbox and battery tray, will get some rubber pads :likey
The following user(s) Liked this Post Flip

Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart