facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: DT250 upper fork tubes

DT250 upper fork tubes 08 Oct 2019 16:37 #1

• SKYDANCER46
  • SKYDANCER46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
Has anyone bought these and tried them out? looks like a good deal for fork tubes made in Japan?

www.dcvmx.com/xcart/product.php?productid=187594&cat=&page=1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DT250 upper fork tubes 08 Oct 2019 17:06 #2

• 1971DT250
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
I have a set. Not quite as good as Franks. I had to modify the spacers in the bottom to get the circlips to seat firmly. The threading at the top was not the correct depth. I had to modify the top bolts so they would thread all the way in.

If your original tubes are straight and don't have pitting deeper that the chrome I suggest having them rechromed. Talk to the chrome shop first and make sure that they determine that yours are OK. Plus ask them about regular chrome, hard chrome and show chrome differences. For heavy use I've been told hard chrome is recommended. And you want them to do copper/nickel/chrome.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: FrankC, SKYDANCER46

The hours spent riding my Enduros is not deducted from my life span.

DT250 upper fork tubes 09 Oct 2019 17:22 #3

• SKYDANCER46
  • SKYDANCER46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
I really only needed one tube. On the DT250 one side is nice, not a mark on it and the other side has some small pitting started up by the lower triple clamp. I'm going to replace the fork seals and clean the forks up. Just thought for the money a set of these would be nice! Maybe the one tube with pits will clean up good enough where i don't see it. I don't think the fork seal will ride up that high and hit the pits anyways.

I have used Franks in the past. Funny, Now that you mention modifying the top fork caps to fit these tubes i am pretty sure i had to do the same for the Franks tubes on the RT360 resto when i did that bike years ago?

The chrome shop i use would be very expensive $$
The following user(s) Liked this Post: FrankC

• Page:
Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart