facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1973 DT3 tool kit info

1973 DT3 tool kit info 27 Sep 2019 09:40 #1

• DTfan
  • DTfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
Hi All
Just wondering if anyone has an original 73 toolkit that you can post pictures of?
I have a picture from the manual but it's not so clear, sizes of wrenches, is Yamaha in a raised font or stamped, does the pouch have Yamaha embossed etc

Advice or images greatfully received

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1973 DT3 tool kit info 03 Oct 2019 17:48 #2

• Timg
Is this what you are looking for?
I seem to be missing the pliers. I don’t know what the tool next to the plug wrench is. Your picture doesn’t show the rod that goes with the plug wrench. Let me know if you need any more pictures.

Tim Gohn
Attachments:

1973 DT3 tool kit info 07 Oct 2019 15:46 #3

• Super90
  • Novice
  • Novice
Kit from my 73 DT3. I was on a trip and just got home. I don't know if the green plastic cap is original, but it fits perfectly over the socket end for when it is used for a screwdriver. I have added photos of it in each position. In your original photo it appears to have the cap on the socket end. Hope this helps. Tim
Attachments:

Last Edit: by Super90.

1973 DT3 tool kit info 07 Oct 2019 16:12 #4

• nutt
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
Just spitballin here, but if the smaller socket fit inside the larger socket, and you stuffed the 3 screwdriver tips inside that...you'd need a plastic cap at each end. Or some like combination??

1973 DT3 tool kit info 12 Oct 2019 01:32 #5

• DTfan
  • DTfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
Many thanks all, very much appreciated

@Super90 just looking at the screwdriver bits, I can see a smaller JIS bit with a flate blade screwdriver, should they actually be joined as one piece?

If anyone has an original 73 tool pouch in good condition please let me know:)

Last Edit: by DTfan.

1973 DT3 tool kit info 12 Oct 2019 06:42 #6

• Super90
  • Novice
  • Novice

DTfan wrote: Many thanks all, very much appreciated

@Super90 just looking at the screwdriver bits, I can see a smaller JIS bit with a flate blade screwdriver, should they actually be joined as one piece?

If anyone has an original 73 tool pouch in good condition please let me know:)

DTfan, yes some genius in the past broke the bit in two so the short one doesn't lock into the socket end holder. Used to be a great surplus mc shop in Holly Hill locally and they had big boxes of mc tools taken from all the bikes they salvaged. they also had a box with pouches and several boxes of original keys for all the common bikes. I would spend a lot of time there looking through the tools and keys so I could build a proper original Honda S90 kit and have the keys proper number key with the Honda Wing logo on it. The shop changed hands several times and has been gone for about 6-7 years but they had it all if you were willing to search. I often wonder what happened to all their bikes and stuff. They had hundreds if not thousands of carbs...sigh.

• Page:
Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart