facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
02 Sep 2019
Your admin has not been on the site much as of late as my main computer apparently seized up :( I have had limited access, but will be back soon. Thanks. Mako
  • Page:

TOPIC: DT3 Transmission seal et al

DT3 Transmission seal et al 09 Sep 2019 16:09 #1

• PigDoc
  • PigDoc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice
  • Novice
Quick question. I'm looking at the Yamaha Full Range Manual on page 34. It appears there are 5 oil seals for this bike that may require updating. For sure I have a leaky seal on my transmission. I believe is the seal on the shifter, under the boot? My question is straight forward, can these be replaced in place after draining and removal or is it more extensive. My plan is to replace all this winter and would like to do it myself. The bike runs flawlessly now. My only issue is this weeping leak on the left side, about a silver dollar's worth every time after a ride. When I removed the case it's not covered in oil nor is the chain sloppy. If this a routine question, I apologize. Thank you for patience. Best regards, Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DT3 Transmission seal et al 09 Sep 2019 18:02 #2

• Super90
  • Novice
  • Novice
Hi, I recently replaced all 3 seals on the left, the shifter shaft, the clutch push rod and the seal behind the countershaft sprocket. I didn't drain the oil, just leaned the bike over a bit to the right. All 3 came out pretty easy using a cheap set of pointed picks with plastic handles from harbor freight. No leaks since. Good luck!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, RT325

DT3 Transmission seal et al 10 Sep 2019 05:55 #3

• PigDoc
  • PigDoc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice
  • Novice
Awesome information. Can you provide Harbor Freight sku or number? Thanks for the reply!

Charlie

• Page:
Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart