facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: AT3/CT3 clutch

AT3/CT3 clutch 15 Aug 2019 10:06 #11

• jet100
  • jet100's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
Just a follow up. I bought new springs and discs from Yambits in the UK. After installing them I immediately noticed the increase in clutch pull effort. I also used Motul 10-30 mineral transmission oil. Really hooks up now and can use full power but difficult to find neutral at times. Not fully releasing. Re-checked all adjustments. Will put some more miles on it and see what happens. Maybe the discs need some bedding in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AT3/CT3 clutch 15 Aug 2019 11:09 #12

• Mothersbaugh
  • Collector
  • Collector
Enduros, for some reason, are harder to find neutral than the average bike. Try finding it as you are coming to a stop rather than after coming to a complete stop. Also, once you are at a full stop, sometimes rocking the bike fore and aft a bit helps me find it. There's something about that extra motion that makes it a little easier. Unless it's completely my imagination...
Where's your idle speed? Sometimes it's harder to find neutral if the idles speed is higher than spec.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 1971DT250

AT3/CT3 clutch 16 Aug 2019 08:15 #13

• jet100
  • jet100's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
Before I replaced the springs and discs, neutral was easy to find rolling or at a stop. Maybe I should have just done the springs. I had replaced the discs already after I bought the bike as it had been sitting and the clutch wasn't releasing properly. Easy to put them back if this doesn't clear up.

• Page:
Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart