facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

1971 CT1 handlebar turn signal/hi-lo/ horn switch assembly details

08 Apr 2020 19:12
GSPEARSON
More
Topic Author
1971 CT1 handlebar turn signal/hi-lo/ horn switch assembly details #1
Hello all. Been lurking around here for some time as I reassemble this 1971 CT1. I have reached an impasse at this handlebar switch housing and how to assemble all these little pieces (I assume/hope they’re all there). I’ve looked through the tech library and searched the web and this site and cannot find any details of where everything goes. I feel certain somebody has taken apart and reassembled one.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2020 21:59
Rick C.
Collector
Collector
More
1971 CT1 handlebar turn signal/hi-lo/ horn switch assembly details #2
An old drawing from an ol' friend.
Thank You DEET ! ( hope you don't mind me sharing this image. )

THIS IMAGE should be in the Tech Library !

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post MarkT, 2fishkev, Gr8uncleal, GSPEARSON

09 Apr 2020 00:34
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
1971 CT1 handlebar turn signal/hi-lo/ horn switch assembly details #3

GSPEARSON wrote: Hello all. Been lurking around here for some time as I reassemble this 1971 CT1. I have reached an impasse at this handlebar switch housing and how to assemble all these little pieces (I assume/hope they’re all there). I’ve looked through the tech library and searched the web and this site and cannot find any details of where everything goes. I feel certain somebody has taken apart and reassembled one.

Welcome! from the UK.

I've rebuilt a couple of those myself, but always had a complete one at hand to use as a guide.

A couple of observations/comments from your photo:-

1) The housing was originally bare metal (or at least the underside was) - there is a chance that the paint might inhibit the housing grounding against the handlebars. If you're going to keep the paint, then make sure that bare metal of the housing touches the chrome/bare metal of the handlebars.
2) As well as kindly producing the drawing for RickC, DEET also supplies new silver/grey protective covering/sheathing for the wires - this is indistinguishable from the original Yamaha item. As you've already got the switch apart, I would contact him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and buy some!
The following user(s) Liked this Post GSPEARSON

Moderators: yamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart